Are you struggling with drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water per day? Well, you’re probably not alone. Although water plays such an important role in keeping our bodies healthy, many people find the taste of plain water so bland and uninteresting, that it becomes an arduous chore to ‘drink up’.
So here’s the plan, why not add some healthy goodies to your H2O to excite your taste buds?
For a refreshing, delicious and beautiful way to stay hydrated, combine your favourite herbs, spices, fruits, vegetables and edible flowers to make your own infused water. Here are a few ideas:
- Fruits: berries, citrus and tropical fruits. Most fruits are suitable except bananas and avocados
- Vegetables: cucumber, carrots, celery, fennel
- Herbs: mint, rosemary, basil, coriander
- Spices: ginger, cinnamon, vanilla bean, cayenne pepper
- Edible flowers: wild hibiscus, lavender, rose, camomile, citrus blossom
Today I’m sharing with you, 6 delicious recipes to try. My favourite is the orange, rosemary, lemon & lime…I just really love the taste of rosemary. Also, I really love lemon, mint and cucumber together, but to my dismay, there were no cucumbers in the fridge yesterday so I was unable to make one for this post.
Try these delicious infused water recipes to keep your body well hydrated and get the most important thing you’ll be wearing all this season and beyond…NATURALLY HEALTHY GLOWING SKIN. A bonus for the lovely ladies (and the men who dare)… have some fun and make infusions to match your gorgeous Spring/Summer outfits, but be warned, only beautiful bottles allowed. Uhm…sorry, no amount of mixed berries can make that refilled plastic Evian bottle look any kind of chic. Just don’t do it!
Advantages of making your own infused water:
- Your ingredients are packed with vitamins and minerals giving you natural flavours
- It’s a refreshing way to stay hydrated
- It’s calorie free
- A reminder to eat your daily requirement of fruits and vegetables (be sure to eat these goodies when you’ve had all the water)
- It’s beautiful
- Be patient; some ingredients may take hours to release their full flavour
- Pierce blueberries and blackberries to release their flavour
- When using edible flowers, ensure they are free from pesticides
- Refill. Some ingredients are more flavourful than others and are perfect for water refills. Bear in mind that the more you refill the more more subtle the flavour becomes
Well, that’s it for today my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it; my little photo session was loads of fun too! As for the water, I always enjoy having them so this was a really fun post for me.
Thanks for stopping by! Toodles for now!
Photography by Nova Williams. All photos are property of 18 Chelsea Mews Ltd.